Thursday, October 24, 2013

Mom's Birthday, Max's Project

Fall is in the air, and with it come craft projects, apparently. Max had a show-and-tell assignment for school this week to create a pumpkin. It was supposed to be creative. Jeez thanks Mrs. Schoenen (Max's preschool teacher). I have nothing against doing crafts. I actually find them rather relaxing. However, I'm not particularly creative, and we have almost no craft supplies just lying around. I'm so thankful for modern technology sometimes, and tonight I'm particularly grateful for Pinterest, an inspiration collecting site. If you can't think of a good idea on your own, you can always steal one from someone else! His pumpkin turned out really cute, and he was proud of his handiwork, which is the most important part.

We also celebrated my mom's birthday this week. I even got the privilege of making her cake, a low-fat carrot cake. She's doing great trying to eat healthier, and we're all very, very proud of the progress she's made. It was a pretty low-key birthday for her, and I wish we could have done even more to make it special. Birthdays are so much better as a kid! Oh well, happy birthday anyways, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment