Once again I'm woefully behind on updating the blog. I love the busyness of the holidays, but documenting the good times can be a challenge for me. Thanksgiving this year was great, and we even got to do it twice!
We went to Hale's house for Thanksgiving on Wednesday because Tim had to work the rest of the week. We had a lunch-time dinner, and had a good time celebrating with Darreck's family. It was a pretty low-key event, and we had to get home pretty early so I could teach my Wednesday lessons. We spent the evening cooking food for the next day.
Grandma showed some trust this year and let me bring sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, lemon meringue pie, and chocolate silk pie. I love holiday cooking. It's a small, meaningful way for me to give back to my family, and I always look forward to it.
Thursday, actual Thanksgiving, was spent at my parents' house. All the women prepared food and all the men- plus Kayla- watched football. We do Thanksgiving pretty traditionally, but that suits us just fine! The sister missionaries and my parents' friends the Johnsons joined us this year, as well. We always have a few "extras" around the holidays, which makes our celebrations even more meaningful.
The food was good, the conversation was good, and we even got in some black Friday shopping this year. Success all-around. The important part, however, was saying thanks to our Heavenly Father who has so abundantly blessed us this year. We are so blessed to have a warm home, plenty of food, the ability to provide for our needs, and all the temporal things we need. Even more so, we are so blessed to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our life. We are blessed to have an eternal family, and I feel so incredibly lucky to have my wonderful family. We have so much to give thanks for!
No comments:
Post a Comment