Friday, December 27, 2013

The Piano Recital That Wasn't

I have a goal to catch up the blog before the end of the year! We've gotten so far behind with the busyness of the season, but I intend to right that wrong before we reach 2014.

All the way back on December 19th I hosted my annual piano Christmas recital. It was supposed to be Max's first piano recital, emphasis on the "supposed to"! We sent him to school that morning for his Polar Express party, but he was visibly tired by the time we picked him up. He was also coughing. Hard. Then, for the first time ever, in his entire life, he put himself down for a nap and slept for three hours. Absolutely unheard of. By the time he woke up, he was sick- like, sicker than he has ever been in his entire life. I felt so bad for him, but he was also sweet and cuddly and wonderfully behaved. Even illness has a silver lining.

I left Max and Luke with my also-sick mother, and the recital went extremely well. I have two very new students who did an admirable job, and I love watching how my other students have progressed. Everyone did a wonderful job- no tears, no meltdowns, no major mess-ups. I am so proud of all of them! Now I have to keep them on track for the next five months and start preparing for our spring recital. It's a never-ending, very fun treadmill. My students are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment