Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Worst New Year's Eve and the Year in Review

I usually love New Year's Eve. It is one of my favorite holidays! I love to eat fun finger food, go dancing, and stay up late to ring in the new year. I especially love getting to kiss my husband at the stroke of midnight. It's something I look forward to all year long.

This year I rang in the new year by throwing up. It was epic in an entirely different way then normal. Monday morning Luke got sick, Max dominated Monday evening and night, Darreck took his turn Tuesday morning and afternoon, and I was lucky enough to pull Tuesday evening and all night. I also managed to get it the very worst. I haven't been that sick since high school; it was horrible.

I'm calling for a do-over. I want another shot at New Year's Eve. I think I may have to plan a night out with Darreck to compensate because I simply cannot leave the record the way it stands, especially after such a good year.

It really was a great year! We had some great times during 2013, and the beauty was in the lack of major life events. This year we did not: move, start new jobs, have a baby, or experience any great loss. Call me boring, but that alone makes it good for me. I'm not big on upheaval. We did go on a fun vacation with my family, hike and camp, updated our entire first floor, changed callings multiple times (both Darreck and I), and had a ton of fun as a family. Max also started preschool and we started homeschooling. Luke grew by double, learned to walk and talk, and was generally cute. We have the best boys ever!

I have a feeling that next year won't be quite so calm. Well, maybe more than just a feeling. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment