We're at the tail end of Darreck's 30th birthday blowout week! We believe in going big for birthdays, especially the milestones. This year I thoroughly embarrassed him by throwing him a pool party at Water Tower Pool. We pretty much invited everyone we know, and had a good turn out, in spite of the weather not cooperating. It was cold and windy, especially as the night wore on, but everyone still had a blast. The kids got really into in, no one more than Max. After his last round of swimming lessons, he's decided he loves the pool, and we were so impressed with his willingness to go out and play with his friends. Luke, on the other hand, was much more reluctant. He's not so into the whole swimming thing this year. The pool party was also Jack's first time in a pool, and he was a little rockstar! He stayed in until he was shivering so hard we forced him to get out. He was not amused. All in all, it was a great night.
The fun continued Tuesday night with Darreck's family. We had a little birthday party for Bryan and Darreck, complete with cake and singing, although the kids missed it because they were too busy playing. Friday, Darreck's actual birthday, he spent most of the day working. Boo! However, we squeezed in dinner with my family at Pizza Hut and the traditional donuts. The major excitement, however, was that we got a new TV for the basement. Darreck and I watched one of the movies he got for his birthday, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, on our newly acquired big screen. It was pretty cool!
Darreck and I figured out that this is the eleventh birthday of his that we've celebrated together. Man, time flies! The first birthday we spent together was his 20th, and we had a picnic at Ryan Dam. This year's festivities were much louder and more chaotic thanks to the kids, but it was fun to reminisce on how far we've come. Over the past decade, we've lived in two towns, six homes, had three kids, and gone through I don't even know how many cars. I'm looking forward to some stability in the next decade, but I suppose nothing is ever guaranteed. At least we know we can get through it together!



No comments:
Post a Comment