It's finally here- Max's first day of 1st grade was today. His principal, Bill Salonen, always goes all out for the first day. This year's theme is "Saddle Up for Success", so they had real horses on the front lawn and a plastic cow to practice roping. The entire staff was decked out in western wear, and two news crews rounded out the circus. It was crazy and really, really fun!
Max's teacher this year is Mrs. Rask, and I've yet to meet her. Darreck met her at supply drop on Monday and had a very mixed opinion. So far, however, Max likes her, and I guess that's what matters. We'll see as the year goes on. His room is A3, but right now they're sort of homeless as their room is being painted. You'd think they'd get all that stuff out of the way during the summer.
The real adventure came after school. Everyone went into full-on meltdown mode after school today. From the moment Max stepped in the door at 3:00 until Darreck got home at 5:30, someone was crying almost the entire time. It was chaos. I considered selling the kids on the black market. It was bad. I'm really hoping that either the rest of the week goes better or that someone offers me a fair price for the kids. Seriously, I'm cool either way.




No comments:
Post a Comment