The first continue around our house.
For starters, Jack traded in his crib for a toddler bed, which made me surprisingly emotional. That crib has been a fixture of our lives for seven consecutive years, and it was a little hard to let it go. However, we're all very excited for new beginnings and no more babies. We're having a blast with our bigger boys, and I wouldn't trade this stage of life for anything. I was worried that losing the crib would make Jack's already erratic sleep habits even worse, but it hasn't made a dent. If anything, at least he won't fall on his head running around his room during nap time anymore. Crazy kid. Jack also started Kindermusik classes today, and loved every second of it!
As for Luke, he started preschool at the Ursuline Center with Mrs. Sommers. He always says he's so excited to go, but then he's reluctant to stay there or cooperate with anything the teacher says. He's been grumpy and surly, and I hope we get through this unfortunate bump in the road soon. I know he's going to love the social aspects of school as soon as he gets over the newness of it all. We just have to wait it out.
Last but hopefully not least, I went to my first symphony rehearsal in four years yesterday. I was so ridiculously nervous when I was driving over there, but once I got into the groove, it felt like coming home. Which is ironic considering I didn't leave feeling great about the whole experience last time. I feel competent and confident, and I really hope I can keep up that feeling. It was great to see my old friends and meet all the new people. I hope it stays feeling great.
No comments:
Post a Comment