No doubt, this was one of our craziest summers on record. June was so stressful with trying to close on the house then July brought appliance problems, sprinkler problems, carpet problems, electrical problems, and flooding problems. It feels like we jumped from issue to issue with no down time, so I don't feel like we've done a lot of moving in. I'm trying to make our house feel like a home, but it's been a frustratingly slow process. Fortunately, we got the basement done this week, and we're loving our new theater room. It's so cool!
We did manage to squeeze in some fun this summer, including a little hiking, a trip out to Ryan Dam, a day at the fair, and a lot of walks around our new neighborhood. We've also been spending our nights knocking on doors to garner support for an upcoming school bond. It's kind of terrifying going door to door and talking to strangers, but so far it's been a super positive experience.
I was very excited to get to fall this year. I'm ready for a routine and schedule, and the boys could use some time apart before they kill each other :) Of course, I could change my mind when lessons and symphony and PTA all hit at once. That all starts with back to school! I kept expecting Max to get nervous, but he was nothing but excited. That boy loves school, and he had a fantastic week back. Max certainly hit the ground running. One change for this year is that he's riding the bus to school, which he thinks is just awesome. So far I'm pretty annoyed with the bus- they're chronically late, and that drives me out of my mind. I'm sure we'll get into it as the year progresses.
The first day at Morningside was great, as usual. We have a new principal this year, but she's stayed true to our traditions. The theme this year is Hollywood, so there was an insane SUV limo waiting for the kids outside along with a red carpet and paparazzi. So much fun!
Luke attended an open house at his school, and while he had fun, I found it totally overwhelming. There's upwards of 16 kids in his class. Sixteen four year olds is a whole lot of crazy. There must be a special place in heaven for preschool teachers. I know that Luke, our social butterfly, is going to love, love, love preschool. That kid could make friends with a tree stump. Seriously. School is going to be awesome for this kid.
The only kid who's had a rough time with this transition is Jack. He feels like he's been left behind, and he misses his brothers. He threw a screaming fit when we left Max at school the first day. Poor guy, but we have some fun things planned for him this year. I have to enjoy these last few years with Jack before they're all gone!
No comments:
Post a Comment