Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tired of having no idea what we're doing

This post may turn into more of a vent- be warned. For those of you who have been following our post-graduation mess, we have another interesting twist in the job search. Darreck originally got a position with the state of Montana as a social worker, only to be told one week later that his position had fallen prey to a state-wide hiring freeze. This was hard to take with a a one-week old at home, and we've been pretty upset about the outcome ever since then. However, we got a call on Friday telling us that they were reopening the hiring in Great Falls, but Darreck would have to re-interview for a position he had already been offered! Luckily it's only a phone interview, but honestly people!

If nothing else, we still have grad school in Cheney, Washington lined up if all the jobs back home fall through. However, we would still much rather go back home this summer. I would love to give Max the childhood I enjoyed around my grandparents. If you had asked me a year ago if I would ever move back to Montana, I probably would have laughed but it really is true that having a baby changes everything.

Wish us luck and send out good vibes for the second interview this week. I know that Heavenly Father will provide for us no matter what, but some extra prayers still couldn't hurt to all our friends and family who are into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment