Today is our three year anniversary! Woot woot! I can't believe we've been together four years and married for three already. Here's what I've learned so far:
1. If I smile, nod, and try to look extra cute when he's talking about cars and engines and mechanical junk he normally won't notice that I have no idea what he's talking about.
2. If I constantly tell him what an AMAZING driver he is and how safe I feel with him behind the wheel, I won't have to do any of the highway driving on trips home.
3. Real men actually don't mind sushi, but they would not be real men unless they complained about it.
4. Saturday morning cartoons with a huge bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch deserve the same planning and time allocation as Sunday Sacrament meeting.
5. I can get away with anything as long as I buy him a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle themed something first.
6. His first time snowboarding is on the same life-affirming plane as our wedding and Max's birth. If I don't get that, that's not his problem.
7. Men's clothes stain, tear, and get shredded one month after buying because, and I quote, they "aren't made as well as girl's clothes".
8. Listening to the same childhood story fifteen times and still acting interested is the ultimate sign of love.
9. You can never watch The Karate Kid too many times. That's why they made four of them.
10. My life would be incredibly boring without the love of the most amazing man I've ever met- my wonderful husband, Darreck.
Here's to three great years and the promise of eternity together. I'm the luckiest woman in the world. Love you, Dee!
No comments:
Post a Comment