Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our Grumpy Brussels Sprout


Okay, so to explain the title. We've decided that Max has two opposing sides- think Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I've always called him Sweet Pea, but he's sometimes less than sweet which has earned him the auspicious moniker Grumpy Brussels Sprout. But, for once, this blog post is not about Max.

Actually, I'm writing today because we finally got a start date for Darreck's new job! Happy days have come at last! We got the choice of our start date and chose July 20th. That gives us a week and a half left in Moscow, and I'm already overwhelmed with the thought of having to pack, yet again. We've really got to stop moving. Anyways, we're super excited about this particular move, and hopefully it will stick.

We are so excited to be going home after three years in Moscow. My first stop will probably be Target, but I'm also looking forward to a Zandy's run. We will, however, be leaving behind some great people here in Moscow. I'm sure we'll miss our ward and all our friends we've made at work. I'll also miss the Arboretum, "our" nightly walk loop, and all of campus. Hopefully we'll get to take Max back here one day to visit the city he was born in. Until then, back to bigger and better things.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Did you guys already find a house yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! My parents found us a place in their ward- of course. Can't wait to see you when we get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heck yeah! I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete