Thursday, July 30, 2009

Called On Account of Rain

So we didn't end up going to the fair on Tuesday as planned because we got, you guessed it, even more rain. Ugh. It actually worked out to our advantage, however, because Darreck only had to work until one on Wednesday, so we were able to take Kayla while Max stayed with my mom. It brought back some great memories I had from the fair when I lived here before. I went with my friends every single year and rode almost every single ride. Unfortunately, I'm starting to get more and more motion sick the older I get, and Darreck and I went home and collapsed afterwards feeling more than just a little sick. It was worth it though! After calling Kayla a wimp a couple hundred times, we got her to go on almost everything. Her favorite was the bumper cars, Darreck's was the tornado, and mine was the hang glider. I firmly believe that men were meant to fly. The only reason we don't have wings is because Heavenly Father gave us big brains instead. And that is why, despite them making me sick, I love rides.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I am so glad that you finally started a blog. It will be so nice to be able to see what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We've had it for awhile, but I honestly didn't think to tell anyone. Missing you guys already!

    ReplyDelete