Wednesday, July 15, 2009

S'Wonderful, S'Wednesday

I love Wednesdays! It's my only day that I get the car and make Darreck ride his bike to work, so I make it my mission to make every second count. My normally routine is ward Mommy and Me in the morning and then New Mom Group at the hospital in the afternoon. Since it was our last Wednesday in Moscow, today was particularly important as I said goodbye to many of the friends that have been by my side as we've welcomed Max into our family.
At ward Mommy and Me, I was the ringleader today, and we all walked up to the park. It was quite the sight, our never-ending parade of strollers. We let the kids play, or in my case sleep, then headed back home for cupcakes. The weather today was perfect and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to talk with everyone one last time.
When I was first invited to Gritman's New Mom Group, I was reluctant, thinking it might be for the struggling new mommies, but I gave it a shot and ended up as a regular. All the women there provided such good advice, and their honesty about the realities of first time parenthood made me feel a little less crazy. It was also nice to make some friends and get the opinions of some women outside of church. Of all my weekly Moscow activities, this will be the one of the ones I miss the most. It was great to have a place to bring Max where no one cared how much he cried!
As we approach our last day here, reality sets in a little more each moment, all the things we'll be saying goodbye to. For just today, I'm letting myself dwell on that.






No comments:

Post a Comment