Sunday, November 29, 2009

Five Day Weekend and the Black, Black Friday

The one major advantage to Darreck working in a school is that he gets off all the days the kids do, so he got a five day weekend for Thanksgiving. We did some serious Christmas shopping, but Black Friday wasn't as exciting as it usually is around here. With mom, grandma, and Kayla gone, I was left to fend for myself while they went out and bought up half of Utah. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which side of the family I got my shopping prowess from. However, the weekend shopping was a little frustrating. I wanted to get Max's Christmas shopping done, and every baby toy out there sings, beeps, chirps, and counts in English and Spanish. Ugh! It became a quest to find toys that foster imaginative play and don't lead to ADHD. Some of the toys even overwhelmed me, and I have 22 years of TV watching behind me.

Saturday was our lone break from the crazy crowds. We went over to our friends' house and watched a Griz football game. I'm so thankful for the chance we've had to make friends since moving here. That's always my one greatest fear when we change places, but I feel extremely lucky to be in the ward we are in. Hopefully we have many great weekends to come as we get further into the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment