Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!



I've been trying to find a reason to blog lately, but life has been incredibly boring. Well, not boring so much as calm. I really can't complain with calm. However, today I felt the need to shake things up a little, so I decided to decorate for Christmas. Normally this lovely task would wait until after Thanksgiving, but most of the family will be gone to Salt Lake for turkey day this year. Darreck, Dad, Max, and I are doing a seafood feast because Gram won't be around to tell us we have to have turkey :) I'm super excited, but it doesn't really feel like Thanksgiving is a big deal this year. I promise to still be thankful and express that gratitude in a meaningful way, but I'm essentially skipping Thanksgiving and extending my personal Christmas season.


The biggest reason I'm so excited for Christmas this year is because it will be Max's first. My family, the rational people they are, keep reminding me that Max will not remember any of this, but I have no qualms admitting that my obsession really has nothing to do with him. Max's first Christmas is more a rite of passage for Darreck and me than anything else. It's a Christmas miracle in the truest sense that he has survived this long in our household without major injury. That, my friends, is something to celebrate.

Now that we have the decorations up, it's on to shopping and trying to find our service project of the year. Darreck and I believe in giving back year-round, but we ramp it up during the holidays to keep our celebration focused on Christ. Usually I think of something to do and start planning in the summer, but inspiration has not hit me yet this year. We've been so blessed lately, and I really want to think of something good to do as a family. I'm open to suggestions and will keep praying to be guided to those who may need our time and talents this year. Merry Christmas season to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment