It's official- Max started crawling yesterday! It has been so gradual that I thought he would probably drag it out until after Christmas, but last week he figured out how to pull his knees under him, then he rocked back and forth for a week, and yesterday he finally got coordinated. Today was the real clincher, however. He discovered the printer was on the floor, and that was all the motivation he needed to really get going. So far today he has manhandled the printer, chewed on both remotes, and tried to pull the tree over on himself. Let the fun begin! Everyone suddenly feels the need to warn me about how hard he'll be to keep up with, but I'm super happy for him. He's developing ahead of schedule; what more could a mommy want?
As for the other part of the title, he has also figured out screeching this week. I honestly did not know he could go that high pitched. I'm starting to miss the out and out crying- at least he only did that when he was upset. Screeching is the new response to any and all emotions. We'll have to work extra hard on talking now! Ooh, we'll work on that and sleeping. Yeah, sleep and quiet would be good...
I love you Heather. Owen is a screecher too and I usually just try to distract him with something when he starts up. He usually starts 'babababa'-ing or blowing raspberries. Yay for crawling!! He figured it out quicker than Owen!
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of him for crawling, but it was pure luck- we didn't really help him out with it much. The screeching just makes me laugh. He's obviously expressive like his dad. Maybe the next one will be quiet, like me!
ReplyDelete