Monday, December 7, 2009

Dreamin of Spring

I've been putting off updating the blog because I knew I would have to talk about winter, my least favorite subject ever. But, it's been a really good week (minus the -2 degree high) and I shouldn't let a little winter weather stand in the way of talking about it.

On Friday we went to the Christmas Stroll with my mom and Kayla and had a great time. Max stayed warm at home with Great-Grandma. Downtown was fun, and I got my favorite fish tacos, so life was good. I had forgotten about some of Great Falls' yearly traditions, and I'm enjoying rediscovering the sense of community spirit here. Christmas Stroll was always a childhood favorite, and I feel like it's brand new again now that I'm older.

Saturday was dad's birthday. We started off the very snowy day by cleaning the church, and then I led choir practice. Max, once again, stayed behind with Grandma Necia while the rest of us went to see A Christmas Carol in 3-D. Cool special effects, but a little too intense for a Christmas movie, at least in my opinion. To top off the day, we went to Eddie's for dad's favorite- spaghetti.

I really am trying to stay positive in the midst of this awful weather. Here's my list of why I tolerate winter (as opposed to moving to Hawaii):
  • Max looks SO cute in his little marshmallow man snowsuit
  • At least we don't get as much snow as Moscow
  • Down comforters and flannel sheets
  • Hot chocolate, caramel steamers, and spiced apple cider
  • Chinooks! and the sanity they temporarily bring
  • Christmas movies- the happy ones, not the scary ones
  • Being a stay at home mommy and laughing at all the poor people who have to go outside to work every morning (yeah, that's a little mean-spirited, sorry)
And, last but not least:
  • Eventually, spring will come and I'll appreciate it even more after the cold

Stay warm everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Cute outfit for Max!! We are having a hard time finding something that will work for our Owen Monster because everything Jackson wore in the 12 month size is summer stuff. Anyways, I hope the temp there decides to rise above 0(my dad said it was -32 when he took my bro to seminary this morning) by the time we get there in a week and a half! Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete