Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Most Enduring Christmas Tradition

The tree is great and the food is nice, but our most long-running Christmas tradition has got to be the ward program the Sunday before Christmas. I tried my best to get out of it this year with a nasty case of laryngitis, but it was no use. I was asked by our choir director to lead and lip-synch two of the songs while she sang my part. I also played violin on the third piece we did. I did manage to get the trio I was in postponed, but it's still slated for next week.

For his part, Darreck sang a solo and a duet and supported all my ranting and raving during the rehearsals I led while the regular director was out of town. I'm probably not the nicest ward choir director in the world (as many in Moscow will attest to), but I believe that ward choirs should be held to a higher accountability than they usually are. That or I'm just a tiny-bit power hungry. I'll let you decide...

All joking aside, I'm so grateful for the talents I've been blessed with and the chance to use them in praise to our Heavenly Father. I hope this Christmas season that we can all take some time to sing beautiful music about Christ, and remember the reason we celebrate Christmas. The birth of our Lord and Savior is the absolute best reason to be joyful and sing praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment