Sunday, April 18, 2010

Stake Conference

It's been a long week. Max and Darreck have both been sick, and Max is teething, but this weekend made up for rough days.

We had Stake Conference and, as usual, it was excellent. It's amazing to me that I'm always able to pick out things I need from every talk given and use the words of others to better myself and my family. A lot of the focus this time around seemed to be on strengthening our families and showing greater love in our homes. I'm so thankful for my eternal family and the joy they bring into my life. I was talking with a woman from our ward today, and she said how impressed she was by Darreck's sincerity and earnest desire to provide for his family, both temporally and spiritually. It's always fun to get to glimpse at Darreck through the eyes of someone else, and it makes me appreciate that much more. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful priesthood holder in my home.

The gospel of Christ, in every aspect, makes my life so much richer and helps me every day to see how much I have been blessed. I know that Heavenly Father truly looks out for me and my family. He has a plan for us and, as we learn to listen to His promptings, we receive much more than we deserve.

Speaking of families and blessings, here is the promised picture of our gift from Gram. She bought us a table to try and spare poor Max's head from our rather dangerous glass topped set. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment