Monday, September 13, 2010

Beginning of a New Year

Fall always seems like the start of the year to me. I thought this would be over with the end of my schooling, but then Darreck went to work for a school and not much has changed. This has led me to makes some fall resolutions and get back into my weekly routine.

I went back to symphony tonight, so everything is now in full swing. In addition to the symphony, I'm also teaching violin and piano (including to my sister!) and babysitting a few hours a week for a two little girls. Referring three children under three is the workout of a lifetime! Yikes! But, it is SO much fun...

My major resolution of the year is to get our family better prepared. We are currently working on our three month food storage and a cash reserve. For those who don't know about our church's food storage program, they advise storing three months of food you eat regularly and one year of shelf-stable basics. I found a great website- foodstoragemadeeasy.net- and we're working on building our three month supply of "normal" food. I've gotten really into it, and I am having a lot of fun working the sales. I am an AMAZING shopper, if I do say so myself, and Darreck likes me putting my skills towards something useful, as opposed to, say, clothes. Hehe.

Happy Pseudo-New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment