Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Birthday

I promise, pictures of the miracle couch are still forth-coming, but I had to take some time to thank everyone who made my birthday great. Because Darreck was working that evening, Gram and Mom threw a great girls' night out party at their house for me. I'm so lucky to have such wonderful friends! We sat around and talked and ate some great food. It was especially nice to see a bunch of women from my old ward, whom I don't get to see as much anymore.

The plan was to have a fun, family-centered birthday weekend, since Darreck has a four day weekend this week, but it snowed Friday! I was so sad, but Darreck muscled on and still took me shopping and then out to sushi and ice cream (not at the same restaurant!). Darreck asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I answered clothes, as usual. He got a brilliant idea to take me shopping instead because, let's face it, that is my favorite activity! He's such an amazing, intuitive guy. It was a wonderful day.

The only hiccup this weekend was Stake Conference. Not that a wonderfully uplifting weekend is a problem! However, I was asked to play a violin duet for the adult session. Yuck! It went well, but I still get super stressed over playing. It was good for me though; each time it gets infinitesimally easier. I figure, by the time I'm 90, I'll be really comfortable playing for others!

No comments:

Post a Comment