Friday, September 10, 2010

Family Reunion

I've been trying to delay posting this to get pictures from my dad, but I'm not sure it's going to happen. My camera has died and, while I can take some stills on my camcorder, they don't turn out very well. For all my devoted readers (all two of you) my birthday is this week and, in case you missed it, my camera died!!!!!

So, my dad, mom, sister, Max, and I left last Friday for Idaho Falls to attend a mini-family reunion. We spent Saturday shopping (yeah!) until we met up with my Grandma Hess that afternoon. After finding her, we went to my favorite store, Down East Basics, where I spent too much money on myself for my birthday. Two dresses, two shirts, and two camisoles later, we met my cousin Daniel and his son Cage for dinner at Olive Garden. It was fun to meet Cage for the first time! He's an absolutely adorable and adventurous six year old. That kid has way more moxie than I will ever possess!
Sunday we met Uncle Bryce, Aunt Tina, Dawntae and Shawn and their kids, and Daniel and Cage at Heise Hot Springs, just outside Idaho Falls. It would have been really fun, if the wind wasn't howling and it was over 65-degrees and I had remembered my swimsuit and Max wasn't sick :) Even with all that, it was fun to see the family and catch up with everyone.


Monday we ended with Grandma Hess, my dad, Kayla, Max, and I taking a trip to the zoo. Kayla, who wants to be a vet, was a veritable fountain of information on everything. I was quite impressed with her. Max also loved all the "kitty" (which is what he calls any animal) and had a good time. We left that afternoon after one last Arctic Circle run.

Even though I had a ton of fun, it was nice to get back to Darreck. He had to work the weekend, and I missed having my other half of the tag team. Overall, the weekend reminded me of how very blessed I've been. Much of my family has had rough times, and I feel just like Dave Ramsey- I'm better than I deserve, much, much better. I'm so grateful for my family, and I hope that we can get together more often.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Early Birthday! Don't forget, my birthday is this week too :) I got a breadmaker from goodwill(we have yet to see if it will actually make a loaf of bread) and since Jeff couldn't wait another week for my birthday, he gave me my present early. It's a beautiful saphire necklace. Now I just have to find something to wear it with! Hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete