Sunday, October 24, 2010

Jam-Packed Weekend

This weekend was fun! First of all, Darreck had it off as part of his nine-day run of days off. Any weekend with Darreck home is a good one.

We started Saturday out with a visit to Kayla's first swim meet of the season. She did great in her events, even though Max and I only got to stick around to see her swim in one heat. Most the rest of the day was spent celebrating mom's birthday. We went out to dinner at El Commodore (mmmmm...) and opening presents. Unfotunately for me, we got her a book she had already read, even though it was on her hint list. Slavik family rule: no requesting things for your birthday (that's for Christmas!) but strong, blatant hinting is encouraged.

Saturday night we also attended an open house for a couple from our stake. It's so much fun seeing a couple start out their lives together the right way- fresh from the temple. When temple marriages are combined with personal righteousness, amazing relationships can happen. Some of the happiest marriages I've seen happen when a couple allows the Savior in as one of the members of the relationship. I know this couple we celebrated on Saturday has that very goal in mind. That's what made it a great celebration.

Now we have two days left until Darreck goes back to work, and that would normally make me sad. However, he gets another week and a half off in November. I tell ya, he has the best job ever! Also, I can't be sad when we're starting the holiday season. Halloween pictures will be coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment