Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Darreck's 26th Birthday

The fun started on Saturday when we had a little party in our backyard for him. Darreck whined and moaned all weak about a party, but he ended up having a great time (like I knew he would). The kids from all the families played great together, and it was nice to get in some adult conversation. Some weeks I really feel like I don't get enough of that!

Sunday, his actual birthday, we had his family over to my parents house for surf and turf. We get to choose our birthday Sunday dinner, and I'm usually a big fan of Darreck's choices! He was also pretty excited this year about his presents, and he didn't guess any of them beforehand (a first since I've known him). Max and I got him a new bike helmet, a Vandals hoodie, and an iPod. I was so proud of myself this year, considering how hard he can be to shop for!

We had fun celebrating him, but it never feels like enough. I'm so grateful he was not only born, but also that he chose my to spend all of his birthdays with me. I'm lucky to have such a sweet, caring, sensitive man. He works incredibly hard to support our family, and is just, flat-out, a ton of fun. Happy birthday Dee!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment