Monday, November 14, 2011

Primary Program!!!

It's that time of year again (or at least yesterday was)! We had our primary program! I hate overusing exclamation points, but I gotta say, I love my calling. I'm the 1st counselor in our primary presidency, and it keeps me plenty busy. We have an average of 45-50 kids, split into junior and senior primary, every week with another 15-20 in nursery. It's by far the largest primary in the stake, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love our kids, and I love working with them.

As for the program, I was in charge of the music this year (as with most years) and the kids did really well. It's so inspiring to see them get up and do their absolute best. As a kid, I always dreaded the program, much like I still do with public speaking, but the songs I loved. I still have a fond place in my heart for the primary songs. Now that Max is learning them, I'm so excited to get the family around the piano and teach him all the songs I love. However, I'm still happy to sit behind the piano and let Darreck do the majority of the singing; I could spend the entire day listening to him sing :) That's one talent I really, really hope Max inherits.

No comments:

Post a Comment