Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

We had such a fun Thanksgiving this year! I got to make an apple pie, a lemon pie, green bean casserole, and the world's most awesome cranberry sauce (if I do say so myself). I love cooking, especially for family. I was telling Darreck yesterday that making pies for family is one of the most persevering labor of loves in my family. Not totally sure he got it, but I do! We also had Johnsons and Yates spend the day with us this year, and I'm so grateful for wonderful influences in my life. Such great people.

A fun tradition we have is our thankful chain, which we do throughout November. Every day we each say one thing we're grateful for then add a link to the chain. The only problem was trying to get Max to say something other than baseball; the boy is totally obsessed! Our thankful chain included the normal stuff- our house, our family, the Gospel, Jesus Christ, food- and some that were quirky related to our family- bedtime and naptime, warm showers, learning ASL, Christmas music, binkie and blankie, Kindle, and cupcakes. We also included some of our favorite things to do- playing violin, the library, playing as a family, playing with friends, date night, and mommy time. It was such a good way to bring in the true spirit of the holiday into our everyday lives, and Max got really into it, which made us really excited.

The only dark spot on the day was, after we got home, Max sliced his finger open on a can. We did the whole "ER or no ER" debate, but it finally stopped bleeding after about 30 minutes. The cut is bad, and we'll be dealing with it for a few more days, but we are incredibly thankful it wasn't worse. He's such a tough little guy, and we are such lucky parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment