Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Cookie Baking

We've had a fun week making Christmas cookies this week! This is one of my favorite family traditions, and I love that the boys helped me out this year. We put a holiday movie on and made a night of it (and ate a lot, lot, lot of dough in the process). Every year we swap cookies with my mom and make humongous trays for our friends and neighbors. I also send a plate with Darreck to work, which I hope they appreciate. However, this year I'm making a point to save cookies for us. The past two years Darreck has lovingly chewed me out for not saving any cookies for Christmas Eve :) Trust me, this year we'll have plenty!

In other news, Luke has been eating some cereal this week after he got cleared to start solids at his last checkup. I think he would really enjoy the food, but he's been so sick this week that it's been hard for him to eat and breathe at the same time. Poor Lukey-Lou! In fact, we've all been really sick these past two weeks. Oh well, better to get it over with now and be healthy over Christmas.
(P.S.- it snowed a ton this week, so between the sickness and the weather it was a pajama kinda day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment