Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Backtracking to the Fourth of July

I had zero motivation to post while pregnant. In fact, I had zero motivation to do anything while pregnant. Life is funny when you're in a continual holding pattern. However, I should probably mention quickly what we did, mostly because it was one of the few Fourths on record that was decent.

We started the morning at our ward's potluck breakfast and flag ceremony. My parents joined us, and we got to chat with our friends. The boys were even decently behaved the majority of the time. That's success as far as potlucks are concerned. After the breakfast, we went to the city parade, which Luke loved. It was his first year, and he was entranced by all the cars (go-go in Luke speak). I thought it was loud, as usual, and Max made out with candy gathering. We even got to see Kayla march with the public school marching band. After eating dinner at my parent's house and seeing their friends who recently returned from a mission, we went to set off our own fireworks and watch the city show.

Waiting for the city show to begin, we hung out with friends from the ward and set off some small fireworks. I hate fireworks, mostly in general, but especially that close to my kids. I don't trust them at all, and I spent the entire time not to sound like a noisy wet blanket. I sort of succeeded. Sort of.

The city fireworks were a little lackluster, but still fun for the boys. They even went right to bed afterwards without any fuss. Overall, a very good day!

I did get one lowly picture from today, or rather dad did with his phone at the potluck. Here's how I felt about still being pregnant and being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment