
It's been an eventful weekend in the Hale household! Darreck's birthday was Friday and we celebrated by going out. My parents watched Max, so we went out to 3D for Mongolian Grill and then to a Voyagers baseball game. The baseball game had to have been the most boring I've ever seen- the only two runs scored were by the opposing team in the top of the eighth. However, the highlight of the night was the food. We started off with cheesecake, went to Mongolian Grill, devoured a nachos supreme in the fourth inning, then got ice cream during the seventh inning stretch. I'm still feeling a little sick but satisfied.

Saturday we did our usual Farmer's Market and grocery run in the morning, and I even managed to find organic rice cereal in Great Falls for Max (even though he won't be starting it for about two more weeks). I had taken Moscow's abundant supply of granola-y food for granted, apparently. Later that night, Kayla invited us to her school's swimming party at Mitchell Pool (or whatever it's called now) and we jumped at the chance to get out of the house. Darreck and Kayla both learned to use the FlowRider and Max got his first dip in cold water. He wasn't overly impressed. Seeing as how school starts Wednesday, I think we found the perfect way to end summer right.

We finished out Sunday by going to church but not getting to participate much. Why does church have to be right during nap time? Seriously... I did, however, get to teach my class of six year olds alone for the first time. I think I'm going to really love that calling. We also went to a couple open houses this afternoon and dreamed. Sigh. Maybe someday, over the rainbow, in a land far far away. At least Sunday dinner was good- thanks mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment