Friday, August 28, 2009

Sleep Deprivation, Poop, and Other Tales of Woe

School started up again this week, so I lost my husband to his job again! I had gotten used to having him around a lot more during the day, and it's been interesting trying to transition back into full-time mommy mode. However, I have decided that I either must really love Max or I've completely lost my mind. Why you ask? The other day I was talking to Darreck on the phone when Newton's 5th law occurred (according to my dad, Newton missed a law. The 5th should be: whenever Max poops it will go up his back). Max managed to miss himself, all his clothing, and most of his diaper but still get me and the carpet covered in poo. Totally gross, but then a miracle happened. I laughed. Had this been anyone else they would have suffered a long and painful death, but Max just laughed, quite proud of himself, and I laughed along with him.

Max is also deep in the trenches of his three month growth spurt, and we haven't slept much for the past four nights. I'm contemplating starting rice cereal, but the "wait until four months" propaganda keeps seeping into my mind. But, if it let me get some sleep...

Oh, the joys of motherhood. Wouldn't have life any other way!

4 comments:

  1. My sister-in-law started her son on cereal at about 3 months, but he was always hungry and is a monster. At 6 months he was already in 12 month clothing. I, on the other hand, have given Owen cereal a total of 2 times and he's had applesauce twice as well, neither of which he was fond of. He'll be 6 months next week :) I'm just lazy. Oh and don't you just love poop! Owen's been doing that lately so I think it's time to size up his diapers. That means he'll be in the same size diaper as Jackson! Oh boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max was born big (8lbs 8oz) and is still huge! I really think that adding in some cereal would help him stay fuller a little longer. Poop! I'm so used to it I'm not even grossed out that much anymore. Sad but funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Max has grown so much already. He is adorable. I love all the pictures you post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto for you guys! Oscar is stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete