- He's a champion sleeper at night, and a little fuss-bucket when it comes to naps. He is going to bed around 9:15 and sleeping until around 8:30, usually waking up once around 5:00 to eat. Naps, however, are an ongoing battle. He'll fight sleep until he's so overly tired that he's too upset to fall asleep.
- His current favorites are sitting facing forward in his sling and sitting up. The little guy just has to see what's going on all the time. He's terrified he'll miss something, hence the aforementioned issues with naps. We bought him his bumbo seat today and he was in little baby heaven.
- This is the first week of his entire life that he hasn't gained at least 1/2 a pound. Don't get concerned, though. He still tips the scales at around 16 pounds. My big little man was mistaken for a five month old yesterday.
- He's developed a whole new vocabulary of sounds, and Thursday he got on a string of "dadadadada" but I haven't been able to get him to replicate it since. I still think he's brill ant for producing something that sounds similar to a word, but that's my prerogative as a mom.
- Our biggest problem time with him is still church. It's just all around not good for any of us. I'm hoping, and definitely praying, that's not an indicative of things to come!
Above all, I can't believe how much I love my baby burrito. All the cliches are true, and I hate that. I will, however, refuse to write them all down. Sentimentality never was my strong suite, but having my little chunky monkey has reduced me into a ball of syrupy goo. Well, if you can't beat it, may as well embrace it. I never thought I could love anyone so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment