Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Great-Grams


I'm a little behind in posting this, but I finally got the pictures of Grandma Hess's visit from this past weekend. She came to see the family and finally met Max, and it was wonderful to have her around for a few days. It's always nice getting to talk with my Grandma Hess, and I love the stimulating conversations we are able to have. Not to mention that Max was enamored wither her!In other weekend news, my parents were gracious enough to take me on the annual Parade of Homes, and I was in seventh heaven. I'm not sure what my obsession with houses is all about, but there is nothing I like more than looking at open houses and studying floor plans. Probably why I worked for a realty company for almost two years.
With Max, we took him off his medicine for reflux, despite the doctor scoffing at our suggestion that it may be the cause of his problems, and life has been much better the past few days. He's sleeping much better and his stomach seems to be improving, also. I think he's finally happy because we're introducing more foods to him. From day one, Max's favorite activity has been eating. Squash and bananas are the favorites of the week. I've been going on baby food making marathons, and I'm really having a ton of fun doing it. Now, if I could just work up the motivation to cook for the big people in the house, we would really be doing well.

2 comments:

  1. I love looking at floor plans too! We're planning on building our own home someday and I really want to take some classes so I can be a part of the planning process. I've been trying to convince Jeff to take me to Open Houses on Sunday afternoons, but so far it hasn't worked out. You're awesome for making your own baby food! I want to do it too, but I'm procrastinating. Owen won't take the store bought stuff so I'm holding off on giving him much real food. I'm also waiting for some new birth control and that won't happen for over a month(ack!) so he's still pretty much fully breastfed. Go me. Thankfully he's still happy with it. So glad to hear Max is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go to Sunday open houses probably more frequently than we should. I'm trying to get an idea of what each price range will buy us so I know how patient I need to be. I love making baby food (especially with my Magic Bullet), but I get a little sad that he likes solid food so much. I love breastfeeding and don't want to have to cut back my Max and Me time at all.

    ReplyDelete