Thursday, October 8, 2009

Home at Last

Welcome to cold and flu season in the Hale household! I got it first and now Darreck and Max are starting to suffer. Bad timing, as usual considering we just moved, yet again, but let me back up first.

My first symphony concert was last Saturday, and it went spectacularly well. Well, at least I played well. It was an interesting concert with a guest violinist who played Wieniawski. The fun part was we got to play a symphony by one of my favs, Shostakovich, and, even though the counting was mind-boggling, it went pretty well. We also did a Smetana piece. He's a lesser known composer who I discovered in college and absolutely love. How could I not? He's a Slav nationalist composer, but enough shop talk.

This week opened with our big move to another apartment in the same complex, one that isn't in the basement. Actually, this one is on the third floor and has tall ceilings and a decent view. However, it is on the third floor, and we do have a piano. It's a miracle Darreck is still talking to me. Now I get to start decorating! I'm redoing the living room and getting everything from Real Deals. If you live in Great Falls and haven't been, you've got to go! If you live in Moscow, there's one in Spokane. I'll post some pics as we buy stuff. In the meantime, I'll be settling into our fifth, yes fifth, apartment of the last three years. I never learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment