Mom and Grandma were awesome enough to watch Max on Friday night so Darreck and I could go out. We went to Macaroni Grill and then got ice cream at Coldstone Creamery. It seems like such a simple thing, but it was our first date in a long time, and it made me feel a little more adult again.
Saturday we hung out with Kayla while my parents went out to dinner to celebrate- wait for it- their 25th wedding anniversary! I'm so happy for them and so thankful that they have always been such amazing examples to Darreck and me. They're planning a cruise for next month to commemorate the occasion, and we couldn't be happier for them!
Another exciting (and scary) thing yesterday was that Max climbed my parent's entire staircase without any help. We had Darreck behind him and me in front of him the entire way, and I was so nervous, but he did awesome. Don't get me wrong, though. I'm still a little put out for my dad and Darreck for teaching him how to climb stairs at eight months.
Valentine's Day was spent at church. We sang love themed songs in primary and got cupcakes, though, so I'm good until next year. Hope everyone else had a wonderful day!
The place we lived in when Jackson was a baby had a set of stairs that he learned to climb shortly after learning how to crawl. We kept a gate up, but because of the stairs wrapped around the wall slightly at the bottom, the gate had to be 4 or 5 steps up. It wasn't until he'd crawled all the way to the top while my back was turned that I started useing the gate because I didn't realise we'd need it so soon. And now he's backtalking. Man time flies fast :)
ReplyDelete