Saturday, November 6, 2010

Great Day (Mostly...)

Grandma finally got her mission call today! She will be serving in the Family History Center in Salt Lake City. She reports December 3rd and, while we'll miss her, we're all so happy and excited for her. I know that she'll serve the Lord well, and I'm grateful for the wonderful example she sets for her family. It's such an amazing thing having strong, spiritual women to try and emulate. I know that she leads her life by the spirit, and that following that spirit has blessed our family in innumerable ways.

I also got to play an awesome concert today for symphony. We hosted a jazz combo fronted by a kick-butt clarinetist. The night was crazy, but so so so much fun! I was born in the wrong era- swing is my music! Unfortunately, I also developed a not so fun flu today, and I wish I had been feeling better for the big show. Oh well, I still played my best (albeit in a medicine haze) and now I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment