Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, all. I must admit, as horrible as it is, that I usually look more forward to Black Friday than Thanksgiving, but I really enjoyed this year for some reason. Not that I don't always like giving thanks, but the food makes me sleepy and I have zero interest in football. Shopping the next day is much more my style! However, I do enjoy Thanksgiving just because I get to spend the day with family, however, this year was a little weird. We started out planning on having Pennie's sister, her husband, their 8 kids, and one son-in-law here, but they had to cancel due to a broken down van. Then, Gram's sister Marilyn and Uncle Ralph cancelled due to weather. We were going to combine mine and Darreck's family together, but dad and Tim ended up having to work opposite schedules. So, Darreck and I did Thanksgiving twice for, astonishingly, the first time since we've been married. It was fun, but I doubt I'll ever be hungry again.
Sunday in primary, Mandy Lowe said that her family makes a thankful chain each year that requires them to think of non-stereotypical things to be thankful for- you know, beyond family and faith and all those good things. I've been trying to do this all week and here is what I've come up with:

I'm thankful for:
  1.  My garage!!!!!! Especially since this is the first day it hasn't been below zero for a week now.
  2. Access to competent, affordable health care.
  3. That we have options for shopping beyond Walmart here in Great Falls. Moscow was rough that way.
  4. Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets. I hate spilled laundry detergent and these solve the problem nicely.
  5. Farkle, Phase 10, and Battleship. Darreck and I like to play games after Max is in bed some nights.
  6. Flip-flops in the summer (and spring and fall).
  7. Fuzzy socks in the winter.
  8. Having a name that everyone can spell and pronounce. Darreck will tell you what a blessing this truly is.
  9. Netlfix instant streaming for Wii and Hulu. 
  10. Okay- sorry to go back on my word- but I'm most thankful for my wonderful husband, sweet little boy, and all the rest of my crazy family.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment