Monday, November 15, 2010

Looking More Like Christmas

We took advantage of the unseasonably warm weather today and hung Christmas lights. I was SO ridiculously excited to hang lights this year. Something about home ownership and decorating for Christmas is all tied up together in my warped mind. Actually, when we first walked through our house in May I commented how perfect it was to hang lights on. Luckily for Darreck, our budget prevented me from going to "Clark Griswold" on the house. When choosing between presents for Max and lights for the house, Max wins out every time, rightfully so.





I also got my nativity fix for the year in my favorite store in the world, Real Deals. After seeing a nativity collection in Moscow, I decided that I also wanted to be a crazy nativity lady. I got my beloved Willow Tree set last year, and this year we added two small additions. I figure if I add one or two a year until the day I die, I will develop one crazy collection. We're off to a good start!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you are so lucky to own a house you can do with what you will! I cannot wait for that day and I get more excited and then sad when I think about it. Sad because I know it isn't going to happen for many years yet seeing as Jeff has not been accepting into a nursing program and now he's not sure what he wants to do. That man, I swear some days I want to ring his neck. Grr. I'm just hoping he figures it out soon. I don't want to have 5 kids and still be renting. How annoying would that be?

    ReplyDelete