Sunday, November 14, 2010

Primary All-Around

Today was our primary program, and I was so excited to show off what the children had learned. I'm the chorister, so we've been working really hard on the songs these past few months, and the kids did a wonderful job learning them. I love, love, love my calling! Not only do I get to use my musical talents, but I also get to work with kids- my two favorite things combined into one. Every week the kids inspire me with their strength and their testimonies. The young best see the influence that Christ has on their life, and they are also the most apt to following promptings of the Holy Ghost. I completely understand why the scriptures admonish us to "become as little children". They could leave me in primary forever and I would be a happy camper.

It was also Max's first day of primary, nursery at least, today. I have been counting down the weeks for months now until he was able to start, but it was surprisingly hard to let him go. All the kids looked so much bigger than him, and you could tell he felt a little overwhelmed. He did okay so long as Darreck or I were there, but he was not about to let us leave anytime soon. He'll adjust, but it's a little sad to know that we won't be attending all of church as a family anymore. I'm not sure why this is sad because Darreck and I are never together the second or third hours, but something about having to leave Max is eating at me today. It's a mom thing, I guess. One of those slightly annoying, catch you by surprise, emotional mom things. C'est la vie.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, you'll both adjust in time. As long as you have a good Nursery leader right now(we didn't when Jacks went in) he'll adjust in no time and not even look back when you drop him off. Unfortunatly for us, like I said, we didn't have a very flexible or tolerant nursery leader and she would return our child about 5 minutes after we'd dropped him off because he would, of course, cry and she couldn't handle the noise. Jeff was in there with him for at least 6 months and when Owen was born, he had them both in there until we had a change in the nursery "staff"(what a wonderful man!!). Once we had a good leader in there, it was only about 2 weeks before Jackson was fully adjusted and we never looked back. Owen on the other hand had no problems whatsoever making the transition. Good luck and lots of hugs for a first time Mommy!! I know for me it wasn't a problem because I've always been in either the nursery or primary and couldn't really have either baby with me once they were mobile, so Jeff has been the ultimate Daddy on Sundays. I love that man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darreck's been doing the same thing so I can go to primary, but he also teaches some weeks, so it's been a nightmare lately. Max'll be fine, but he has to get more of a backbone. He gets picked on and won't cry or fuss, so he's miserable. I know if one of the leaders would just hold him and give him a little attention for awhile, he would adjust fine. But, there are a ton of kids and not a lot of adults. It could take some time. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete