In lieu of interesting events, I've been thinking this week about how much it sucks sometimes to be an adult. Max has been crazy, we're still trying to sell the dead car, and Darreck just got through finals. Not fun adult stuff. However, I gotta admit that being an adult has some advantages, like:
- Getting to pick my new car, my shiny red car! Not that I didn't like the cars mom and dad got for me, but picking them out is pretty fun.
- I get to give myself allowance- and determine how much I get. It's the best part of budgeting.
- Tonight I turned chocolate-chip banana bread into french toast, covered it in syrup, and called it dinner. I can do that as the mom.
- I still have chores, I'll never get around that, but now I get to crank the music up through the whole house and choose when I do it.
- I never, ever, ever have to go on a first date again. Enough said.
So, while adulthood isn't so hot right now, I'm choosing to look on the bright side. Money, crazy kids, and work aside, being an adult isn't half bad. I'll take it over being bossed around any day.
No comments:
Post a Comment