Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tweendom

Kayla turned 12 yesterday- the last year of being a "tween". We celebrated with her friends Friday at a baseball game, our first of the year. It was a beautiful night, and even a pretty good game. We ate all our favorites- hot dogs and super nachos- and everyone got to eat the mascot, Orbit.

Saturday we did her presents and dug into her cookie birthday cake, shaped like a baseball, of course. We got her some accessories for her locker next year and a video game. However, her big present from mom and dad is a trip to Disneyworld planned for August. She was so excited she cried, which I teased her about a lot.

Finally today (because we do birthday weekends around here) she got her special birthday dinner. Lucky for all of us, she requested chicken Alfredo, and it was super yummy. I really hope she enjoyed her birthday; I know the rest of us did. Even more importantly, I hope she has a great year. She's already excited about starting Young Womens, and I know she's looking forward to middle school. I know she'll do great.





No comments:

Post a Comment