Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Day

We continued our amazing Christmas Eve into Christmas Day, starting with Santa presents and stockings first thing in the morning. Max got the Skylander's video game he's been wanting, and Luke got a motorcycle toy he's had his eye on. Jack's presents were pretty simple- some baby food and a stuffed lion- but we figured his wants are few right now. After opening our presents, we joined my family for even more presents and a wonderful breakfast. I love our leisurely Christmas mornings at my parent's house!





We ran from mom and dad's over to Darreck's family, where it was decidedly less leisurely. With the three young kids in their house right now, it was noisy and crazy and fun. They got me a canner and dehydrator, Darreck snowboarding goggles, and the boys matching RC cars. The kids played great together until Luke got into a peanut butter cup wrapper and had to be rushed home for medicine. Silly kid! This is the second time this week he's been gotten into something with peanuts. The holidays literally might do him in!

After a brief rest at home, Christmas dinner was held at Grandma Great's house, where we had pork loin and all the traditional side dishes. The food was spectacular, of course, and everyone enjoyed sitting around and talking. She also made fleece blankets for the boys, which were a big hit! It was such a thoughtful, handmade gift. Gram also got me a cast iron dutch oven, so pretty much all of my culinary wish list was checked off today. I'm going to have fun cooking over the next few weeks!
In between Hale's and dinner, I also took our traditional Christmas portraits in front of the Christmas tree. Wonder of wonders, Luke actually cooperated! Talk about your Christmas miracle!


I love celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior with our family. Christmas is my favorite holiday, and I'm so grateful for this season of giving. Our traditions mean so much to me, and I hope that the boys feel the love that surrounds them always but especially this time of year. I want their childhoods to be magical, and I think yesterday and today came pretty close.




No comments:

Post a Comment