With the holiday season, I'm behind on posting about Jack's five month birthday, but let's be honest- the monthly milestones aren't as big of a deal right now. We'll make a big deal for his half-birthday next month.
He's become such a sweet, happy baby. He's so smiley, and he's learned the fine art of babbling. I love baby chatter! It's so sweet how he thinks he's having a conversation with me. In terms of sleep, he's still not doing great. He cat-naps in the morning and evening, and I'm trying to help him take a good afternoon nap, if for no other reason than so I can get something done. Jack is still waking up three or four times each night, and he's still sleeping in our room. Part of me loves having him there, but I also think it's time to get him in his own room. It would be nice to have him in his own space, but I'm also sure I'll miss him at night once he's gone.
Jack is still eating his oat cereal once each night, but he hasn't tried anything else yet. He's a champion nurser, and takes a bottle once or twice a week while I teach lessons. He's almost rolling over, but still not sitting on his own for more than a second or two. Just this month he's started reaching for toys, so we've been scrambling to pull out all the infant toys and attach them to anywhere he sits. And, in true baby fashion, everything goes directly in his mouth.
We're so lucky to have our wonderful Jack-a-roo. Everyone in the family is totally in love with him, and he's the perfect completion to our little family.
No comments:
Post a Comment