Friday, December 5, 2014

Nanook (aka Luke) and Dad's Birthday

I had to get a picture of Luke this morning. Lately he'll only wear one of two things- shorts or full on snow gear. There is no in-between. And, the only shoes he'll wear in general are his snow boots. I'm thinking it's because he can put them on himself, but it's still inspired us to start calling him Nanook (as in, Nanook of the North). I know people probably think we don't know how to dress our kids, but he's just so gosh darn cute with his snow boots, backwards bibs, backwards ball cap, and too small coat. Then, he upped the cuteness even more by putting on Darreck's snowboard boots and sitting in them. Such a stinker!


Today was also dad's birthday, and we celebrated his 54th year at our house. We had cake and presents after mom, dad, and Gram went out to dinner. I'm not the least bit surprised they didn't invite me and the boys. My idea of a good birthday dinner out doesn't include three screaming monkeys either. Seriously, though, Kayla is at a speech and debate meet in Helena and Darreck was working, so it was pretty low-key. I always struggle with what to buy dad, considering he already owns everything a man could ever want, but we got him a WWII themed birthday- movie and two books, including one specifically on modern military aircraft. I think he liked it. I hope. He always plays it pretty close to the vest.

All in all a good day. We love Bryan/dad/papa a ton, and any reason to celebrate him is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment