Getting the house decorated was more of a chore this year than in years past. While we normally decorate the Friday after Thanksgiving, we decided to wait until Saturday because the weather was horrible and freezing. Might as well stay in when the high is -2. However, once we got everything out, we realized that we have no lights for the tree anymore, and of course, it was too cold to go out and buy them. Dad assured me we could have their old ones, but it took until today to finally get them. So, we changed our plans and baked a bunch of cookies instead. We also watched Elf as a family, and it was a great way to spend the remainder of our break together.
(Check out the Jack in the Box. hehehe...)
So, finally today we got around to the tree. The bigger boys had a blast putting on the ornaments, and everything went great until I tried to take pictures. One of these days I'm going to get a good picture of all three boys at the same today. I'm determined. It felt a little rushed tonight, but the lights on the tree look great. The boys are happy, and I couldn't really ask for anything else. It's going to be a great Christmas season!
No comments:
Post a Comment