Sunday, January 24, 2010

Eight Month Update

Max turned eight months yesterday, and it's still so hard for me to believe. We started the weekend with a visit from Grandpa Tim on Friday, and he came with toys. He got Max this cute little lion that he can either push or ride on. Max, little monkey that he is, has figured out how to walk behind it to get around the house (and create havoc) even faster than he can crawling. It's just a matter of time before he starts walking. He's so busy and into everything except, of course, for his toys.

The other major development he's hit recently is developing separation anxiety. Poor little guy, I had symphony again this week and a concert last night, and he did not do well with his sitter. I'm going to have to bribe the poor girl to come back. It didn't help that he still hasn't gotten completely over his cold.

Sundays with Max are always a three ring circus now that he's mobile. Don't get me wrong, Max has never been easy in church, but now he's the ward entertainment. He loves to jabber, which is good developmentally, but he cannot do it quietly. He also thinks it's fun to crawl around and try and attack the teacher in Sunday School. Luckily for me, I have to lead the music in primary, so mom takes him to young women's with her. There he has a room full of teenage babysitters to chase after him.

I'm just ecstatic to have such a happy, vivacious little guy. I wouldn't trade one minute of chasing him around for anything in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Sundays are the one day of the week that Jeff takes (almost) full charge of both boys, the exception being Sacrament Meeting. I'm now in the Primary Presidency and having him taking both boys is such a blessing. This coming Sunday will be the real test, I've got Ward Council at 11:30 and since our meetings start at 1, he gets to get them ready and to church on time. By himself. We'll see how it goes, but I think I'm more nervous about driving his stick-shift car, which I haven't driven in years. Pray it doesn't snow too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wishing you luck. It's funny- I really miss my stick shift. Darreck works at 1:30, so we're on our own for the last hour of church. This weekend was fabulous because Darreck had a four day weekend. I'm counting down the months until nursery!

    ReplyDelete