Darreck started his new job on Monday, and so far so good! He's working as a counselor at the Montana School for the Deaf and Blind. His new schedule is a little funky, Wednesday-Sunday from 1:30-9:30, but we're adjusting well as a family. I kind of enjoy my quiet time between when Max goes to bed and Darreck gets home. The only child in me runs deep- I need my alone time each day!
The only downer to the new job is that it has necessitated buying a second car, and quickly at that. Symphony rehearsals start again next week, and life is turning into a logistical nightmare. Luckily, we found out that my Grandpa Jack's old truck happens to be for sale, so we're going to look at it Saturday. I know it's dangerous to get my hopes up, but I'm SO excited.
As for Max, he's a little put out that dad's not home to put him to bed, but he's too busy exploring to get too upset about anything. We're having fun chasing him around and trying to keep him out of stuff. We finally took down the tree yesterday, thinking life would get easier, but he immediately started going after the lamp instead. He managed to pull it over on himself twice yesterday. Just be glad it's a really light lamp.
Hope everyone else is having a good start to their new year. This will be an amazing year for us. I can feel it.
Isn't it amazing what they can find to pull down on themselves? We're discovering new dangers everyday as well. It's still so incredible to me that 2 boys with the same basic set of genetics can be so completely different.
ReplyDelete