Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

It's funny to think that this time last year we were moving into yet another apartment. We move a lot...

Acutally, last year at this time we hadn't found out that Max was a boy, had no idea what we were doing after graduation, and were both working at Opportunities Unlimited. It amazes me how much has changed in one year, both for the good and the bad. We graduated college, had a baby, left Moscow, went through two more apartments, and Darreck has gone through two jobs. In the middle we've dealt with internships, finals, jaundice, reflux, colic, moving three times, countless doctors appointments, and so many job applications and interviews we've lost track.

This was the year I feel we found out what we were made of as a couple and as individuals. Although we've faced our share of trials, I mostly feel that we have been richly blessed, especially with the addition of Max. I, for one, have especially learned the importance of letting Heavenly Father guide and not trying to see the end at the beginning of a journey. Well, I guess I should say I'm still learning.

We don't have any specific resolutions, just some family goals and a desire to keep on keeping on. I'm really looking forward to what this year has to bring. Darreck starts his new job on Monday, and we're finally getting settled back in Great Falls. The months have flown by, and my greatest desire is that I get some breathing room to catch up. Max's first few months flew by in a haze of crying and sleeplessness, and I really want to enjoy the next few months as he gets into everything. He'll be talking and walking and leaving home before we know it. Hmmm...

We hope that all our friends and family have a wonderful new year. We look forward sharing our adventures with you, and we hope that you'll share your lives with us as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment