Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Beautiful Baptism

I know that I sometimes joke about the amount of playing I do for church, but the truth is that I really enjoy getting to use my talents to bring the spirit into church meetings. Today I got the privilege of playing prelude and waiting music for a girl in first ward- Jenavieve Giles. She was in my class in first ward, and I'm her piano teacher and her brother's violin teacher. There entire family holds a very special place in my heart, and I was flattered that they wanted me to provide music for such a special day. I absolutely love attending baptisms; there is no sweeter spirit than when someone decides to accept Christ and join His church. It is especially neat when that person is a young child with their whole life in front of them. I am amazed by the strength and faith of children, and I know that children like Jena will do much to build up the church throughout their lives.

I was also impressed by the amount of people who braved the horrific weather today to attend the baptism. It goes to show that good, strong families really do build up a presence in a town after generations. I really hope that we can continue this legacy in our family. It's nice to be home, surrounded by people who know and love our family. The importance of having connections, especially connections in the church, was really apparent to me today. We're really blessed to be in such a great place, and hopefully we can stay for years and year to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment