Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crazy Christmas Week

The week before Christmas always seems way crazier around here than the actual week of Christmas. Darreck is trying desperately trying to finish everything up before he goes on break Friday. Today he got to be the "signing Santa" for the MSDB Christmas party. I know he was a little nervous about it, but he's holly and jolly enough to pull it off. I've been crazy busy baking- 9 total types of cookies on 10 trays. Yikes! I tasted so many of them to make sure they weren't horrible that now I can't even look at another cookie. My favorite of the year was cake balls- a crumbled fudge cake mixed with a tub of fudge frosting then dipped in white chocolate. Died and gone to heaven.

One other little thing, Darreck got all his grades back, and he got all A's in his first semester of grad school. He worked so hard and did so incredibly well. He always gets worried about starting a new school, but I knew he would rock at grad school. He's a wonderful writer, and that's most of what he's been doing. I'm so proud of him for his willingness to improve himself to support our family. He's such a wonderful provider, and I'm lucky to have such a great husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment