Friday, December 31, 2010

Here's to the New Year

It's that time of year again- time to look back on what has happened over the last 12 months and look forward to the next 12. The overwhelming feeling I have looking back on this year is gratitude. I feel so grateful for the miracles that have occured this past year. From Darreck's new job and graduate school to our beautiful home, we've seen so many wonderful things happen in our family this year. Looking back even further to when we lived in Moscow, I never would have predicted so many of the things that have happened to us since moving here. Our Heavenly Father has looked out for us in more ways than I could ever write in one post. From the small, every day blessings to Darreck's amazing job and Max's sweet personality, life is really good right now.

This next year my only goal is to remain worthy to be blessed so abundantly. I want to do better with my calling, be a more patient mother, and be less judgemental of my fellow beings. I want to become an even better steward over the resources we have been blessed with, and I want to eat more vegetables. Okay, so I'm not good with specific resolutions, but my goal this year and every year is to become a little more like Christ everyday. Lucky for me, I have a whole lifetime plus eternity to get there. Heaven knows (and only heaven really knows, luckily!) just how very much I need that much time! Here's to small steps in the New Year, and even more things to be grateful for this time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment